Live INSET Sessions
NEW and best-selling INSET topics for 2021-22 include:
- Planning Music within the Expressive Arts Curriculum
- Confidence in Primary Music
- Vocal Confidence for Non-Singing Teachers
- Developing a Whole-School Singing Strategy
- Learn to Read Music Notation in 1.5 hours!
- Devising Composing activities for primary pupils
Training Online or via Zoom
Through our online learning platform we offer a range of interactive self-study CLPL courses for primary music teachers on a variety of topics. These are priced at £45 for 6 months’ access, and include a certificate on completion of a final optional assignment. View our online course menu here
We also offer a range of one-hour group training courses delivered by Zoom video conferencing software. These sessions are priced at just £69.95 and can be delivered during a timeslot that is most convenient for you such as your regular staff meeting time. View our Zoom INSET menu here.
Fees: £69.95 (Zoom). £45 (Online)
We offer bespoke mentoring services from Open University certified music education mentors.
Adopting the ‘Reflective Model of Mentoring’, mentees are helped to identify their own areas for development during an initial one-to-one session (which may include lesson observation if the mentee requests this). Following the initial session, mentees are then offered follow-up email support to help them address their development aims.
The MES Mentoring approach is bespoke, and therefore differs according to each individual’s requirements. Listed below as a guide are some of the topics and areas that teachers commonly ask for support with, but these are by no means exhaustive.
Mentoring support might include areas such as:
- Planning for Musical Development
- Assessment of Musical Progress
- Developing extra-curricular activities
- Planning performance events
- Managing Peripatetic Staff
- Supporting other staff in their own music teaching
- Creating supportive music networks between schools
- Identifying suitable CPD course opportunities
Fees: £100 per online session (Zoom, Facetime or Skype)
Demonstration Lessons & Team Teaching
- Teaching of creative activities
- Development of children’s singing skills
- Assessment of pupils’ musical skills
- Provision of musically differentiated activities
- Ideas for follow-on music lessons after first access programme
Fees: Full Day: £375. Half Day: £275. Travel surcharges apply.
Expressive Arts Curriculum Review
Fees: £375. Travel surcharges apply.