Live INSET Sessions
NEW and best-selling INSET topics for 2023-24 include:
- Primary Music National Curriculum Essentials
- Excellence in Primary Music
- Planning & Assessing Primary Music
- Planning Music within the Creative Curriculum
- Vocal Confidence for Non-Singing Teachers
- Developing a Whole-School Singing Strategy
- Learn to Read Music Notation in 1.5 hours!
- Devising Composing activities for KS1 and KS2
- Dive Deeper into Music
Fees: £300 per day.
Through our online learning platform we offer a range of interactive self-study courses for primary music teachers on a variety of topics. These are priced at £9.99-24.99 for 6 months’ access and include a certificate on completion of a final optional assignment. View our online course menu here
We also offer a regular programme of webinars throughout the year covering a myriad of topics relevant to primary music teaching, including lots of content linked to the National Curriculum, Model Music Curriculum, and National Plan for Music Education. View our webinar menu here.
Fees: £9.99-24.99 (Online)
We offer bespoke mentoring services from Open University certified music education mentors.
Adopting the ‘Reflective Model of Mentoring’, mentees are helped to identify their own areas for development during an initial one-to-one session (which may include lesson observation if the mentee requests this). Following the initial session, mentees are then offered follow-up email support to help them address their development aims.
The MES Mentoring approach is bespoke, and therefore differs according to each individual’s requirements. Listed below as a guide are some of the topics and areas that teachers commonly ask for support with, but these are by no means exhaustive.
Mentoring support might include areas such as:
- Planning for Musical Development
- Assessment of Musical Progress
- Developing extra-curricular activities
- Planning performance events
- Managing Peripatetic Staff
- Supporting other staff in their own music teaching
- Creating supportive music networks between schools
- Identifying suitable CPD course opportunities
Fees: £100 per online session (Zoom, Facetime or Skype)
Demonstration Lessons & Team Teaching
- Teaching of creative activities
- Development of children’s singing skills
- Assessment of pupils’ musical skills
- Demonstration of adaptive teaching strategies
- Ideas for follow-on music lessons after first access programme
Fees: Full Day: £375. Half Day: £275. Travel surcharges apply.
Deep Dive-style Music Reviews
Fees: £375. Travel surcharges apply.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high-quality arts and cultural education.
Music Education Solutions® is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark
Award, with the following opportunities:
- Support with planning for Music & the Creative Curriculum
- Music CPD & INSET sessions in school and online
- Music demonstration lessons & team teaching
- Opportunities to share practice at our three annual national teacher CPD events