National Plan for Music Education Conference
September 22, 2022
This independent event is open to everyone working in the music education sector to come together and discuss how their work will be affected by the refreshed National Plan for Music Education. Participants will have the chance to discuss with their peers how to respond to, bid for, and deliver the National Plan for Music Education.
Rather than presentation sessions, this event will focus on active learning and sharing. In our ‘Ideas Factory’ sessions, delegates will take part in focused discussions designed to think through solutions to some of the big issues within the National Plan. Our ‘Working Party’ sessions will be a chance to work in small teams to develop initial content ideas for a range of the policies and planning documents that hubs and schools are required to create as part of the plan. In our ‘Speed Dating’ sessions there will be opportunities to meet new professional partners with whom you could collaborate to deliver the plan.
Confirmed sessions include:
- Creating a superhub – collaboration not competition! (IF)
- Hubs & lead and other schools – making it work (IF)
- What can industry partners offer? (SD)
- What should a local music education plan look like? (WP)
- What should a school music development plan look like? (WP)
- What should an inclusion strategy for music look like? (WP)
- What should a progression strategy for music look like? (WP)
The full programme will be announced by the end of the Summer Term 2022.
There are opportunities available at this event for organisations to exhibit. Please contact us via the contact form to enquire.
Exhibiting Organisations include: Friday Afternoons, Music First.
Delegate Bags Sponsored by: Incorporated Society of Musicians.