Curriculum Music Conference™ 2018
Now in its second year, this event is open to anyone with an interest in primary and secondary music including Music Education Hub Curriculum Leads and those responsible for SMEP, music advisors, primary music coordinators, secondary music teachers, instrumental teachers, and music education academics. The day will comprise a mixed programme of debates, seminars, workshops and practical sessions, allowing participants to gather and share ideas for the development of curriculum music.
London - Monday 12th March 2018 10.30am-3.30pm
The Augustana Centre
30 Thanet Street, London, WC1H 9QH
47 places available. Booking closes 9th February 2018.
- Launch of Primary Music Magazine™: A brand new free publication for primary music teachers
- Launch of KAPOW: A brand new teaching resource for foundation subjects
- Launch of pBuzz KS1 Music Package: A brand new teaching resource for non-specialist KS1 teachers
- Using Body Percussion to develop Literacy: An approach developed by Beat Goes On and Pie Corbett
- Music Production with RSL
- Tackling Transition: How can primary, secondary and instrumental teachers help each other?
- Open Forum: Bring along your questions, challenges and concerns for discussion
- KS4 & 5 Music: Approaches to GCSE and A Level
- Thinking Frames in Popular Music Education - A Psychoanalytic Perspective on Music Learning Models.
- Making the Case for Music in Your School.
Presenters include: Dr Alex Timewell (Leeds College of Music), Marie Bessant (OCR), Dr Elizabeth Stafford (Music Education Solutions®), Dan Francis, Ollie Tumner (Beat Goes On), Henry Vann (ISM).
Exhibitors include: Charanga, MusicFirst, Out of the Ark, RSL, Jolly Learning, LMS Music Supplies, & Warwick Music Group.